Superior category olive oil obtained directly from olives and solely by mechanical means. Recommended maximum heating temperature: 190°C
Grown and hand-picked to traditional methods in the mountainous Zaghouan region of Tunisia, the olives in Clearspring Organic Tunisian Extra Virgin Olive Oil have a mild and delicious flavour. The fatty acid profile of this oil is quite special and makes it suitable for cooking at high temperatures as much as for drizzling over your favourite dishes.
This is an exceptional quality of oil which can even be used for deep-frying. Clearspring Tunisian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced near the town El Fahs in the Zaghouan region of northern Tunisia.
- Tunisia is the largest producer of olive oil outside the EU, the 4th largest in the world after Spain, Italy and Greece.
- Tunisia has the largest cultivated area of ORGANIC olive groves in the world (25,000 tons/year).
- Extreme contrasts of the dry-heated summer and the cold winter with heavy snowfalls creates the unique and ideal climate for olive trees to grow and thrive.
- The olives are 100% hand-picked so the fruits are well cared and won’t be damaged before the production.
- Tunisian EVO tends to be milder and fruitier than European EVO so it’s very versatile and suitable for everyday use.
- Organic olives grown in Tunisia are very competitively priced compared to Organic Italian olives.