Organic dulse is a wonderful vibrant and versatile seaweed, long favoured by the Irish. Great to eat on its own raw of add to cooking. Famously used as a vegan bacon alternative. This seaweed is a great meat substitute when added to curry or rice dishes. It gives off a wonderful flavour to many dishes and is even used in desserts! It is high potassium content makes it a great alternative to salt and helps reduce sodium intake.
All pouches are PLASTIC FREE and use biodegradable ink! They contain only paper and are therefore recyclable and compostable.
Taste: Bacon-y, Umami, salty, sweet and smokey
Eat raw or cooked
Why not try
- Lightly and very briefly fry, then eat as a bacon alternative
- Snack on raw for a healthy treat
- Snip into curries or pasta sauces towards the end of cooking
- Add to salads with plenty of dressing.
It sure is healthy…
- High in Protein
- High in Dietary Fibre
- Low in Fat
- High in Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Copper, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc
- High in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B9, B12 & C
- Source of Vitamins B3, B7, D, E & Beta-carotene